A couple of weeks ago I spent the afternoon with a friend who prepared an absolutely delicious homemade dish for lunch, which inspired me to go home and create a healthy and filling dinner from scratch. I had been in the mood for some potato soup, so I gathered together some supplies and made this Cheesy Potato Soup, filling and simple!
- 6 small Potatoes (or the equivalent)
- 4 cups of Vegetable Broth
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 Tablespoon of Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 Sprigs of Rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 leaves of Swiss Chard, chopped
- 1 cup of cheese (I used mozzarella, but a sharp variety might be nice, also)
Go Ahead And...
- Peel and thinly chop the potatoes, place them in a pot, add in two cups of vegetable broth and cook until soft (set aside the other two cups of broth for later)
- Once the potatoes are soft, take the pot off of the stove and mash them with a potato masher by hand, or blend them until your desired consistency is reached
- Put the potatoes back on the stove top on a low heat, and stir in the remaining two cups of vegetable broth
- Add in the finely minced garlic, ground black pepper, salt and rosemary, stir until well blended
- Add in the swiss chard, and stir until softened and well blended
- Finally, stir in the cup of cheese, adding it in roughly 1/4 cup increments
Feel free to garnish with a bit of extra rosemary, serve with a toasted slice of baguette with butter and garlic, or serve in cups for a pre-meal starter.
Have you crafted/discovered/tried any delicious new recipes as of late? Leave a comment below, I would love to know!